Sunday, December 13, 2009

Free Food, Wine and Culture

One of my favorite things to do in the city is to get dolled up and walk through Soho looking for Art Gallery openings. There you can find a smorgasbord of fine cheeses, pate and even sometimes caviar offset with a nice glass of wine from the South of France or some other nouveau riche vineyard I personally never heard of, but pretended I did. Setting my eyes on the art, I follow the crowd with graciousness. Making small critiques about something I know nothing about, but read up on to amuse myself. Using words like, Medium, Form, Genre, Formal Qualities, etc, to start a conversation where my answers will consist of constant nods of my head and the use of their own words in agreements. With a tummy full and a nice little high going I head home. Happy that I achieved the goal of the evening. Free Food, Wine and Culture.

2 comments:

  1. Best way to get a free meal and a drink. Fun culture and food who could ask for more.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back in the day, we survived on 'Happy Hour' freebies and $1 drinks in Marina Del Rey. Not as highbrow as Soho art galleries, but we worked with what we had. LOL!

    ReplyDelete